BASICS ABOUT COMPUTER
What is computer?
Computer could be a device,Which Converts information into data.
Computer is developed by Charles Babbage nearly by nineteenth century
Input ➤ Process ➤ Output
Computer Stands For
C – Commonly
O – Operated
M – Machine
P – Particularly
U – Used For
T – Trade
E – Education
R – Research
What is Data?
Data is defined as facts aur information that stored in a computer.
What is Information?
Data which convey meaning is called information.
What are the Components of Computer?
There are two components
1) hardware ➤input device ,output device, storage device and CPU
CPU has two parts
1) ALU (arithmetic logic unit)
2) CU (control unit)
2) Software➤Application Software , System Software
1)HDD(hard disk drive)
2)RAM (random access memory)
3) ROM (read only memory)
Generations of computers
- 1st Generation computer (vacuum tube 1946)
- 2nd Generation computer (transistor 1959)
- 3rd Generation computer (ICs-1965)
- 4th Generation computer(large scale integrated circuit-1971 to 1985)
- 5th Generation computer (onwards 1985)